The thing that continually amazes me is that some people think only their opponents are capable of corruption. Even the most partisan of papers The Washington Times acknowledges the bipartisan nature of it. Corruption charges burden both parties says the headline. That has been my refrain since I first started watching politics. It's not your party affiliation, it's your time in Washington. Over time, the culture of corruption takes hold and the players learn to game the system. Transparency is the only cure. Eliminate earmarks, make all spending bills and riders available on the internet. Institute a limit of two terms for all elective offices. If it's ok for the President, why not the House or Senate?
This is very strange...
I'm an average guy with an average life. I have a few more kids than most but for the most part I'm just an anonymous lumpenprole toiling away in obscurity both professionally and on this blog. To say my life follows a certain routine is like saying " The Hindenburg caught fire." That is to say, technically accurate but wildly understates the truth. In any event, I just received a call from The Wife. To wit: "Did you order something?" "No, why?" "There's something here for you." "Uh, box, bag, envelope, singing telegram?" "It's a box" "Who's is from?" "It's from [Name redacted pending confession or further investigation]" "Who?" "(repeats name)" "No idea. Never heard of him." A quick google search later I find that the sender's return address is in the wilds of northern Pennsylvania. A place I have never visited. "Open it." "W...
Comments