Fr. Joseph Carola, SJ has an article entitled "Da Vinci Disarmed". It's rather long but a good read. I think the Church is not upset at the book as much as they are by it's popularity. They are afraid the ideas in the book may be either representative of what people already believe about the Catholic Church or that those ideas might take hold. Both are not unreasonable fears as a recent poll stated that 3/4 of Britons believed the wild alegations in the book as fact. This will pass but only after the book fades into the background like all other pop culture phenomenons.
This is very strange...
I'm an average guy with an average life. I have a few more kids than most but for the most part I'm just an anonymous lumpenprole toiling away in obscurity both professionally and on this blog. To say my life follows a certain routine is like saying " The Hindenburg caught fire." That is to say, technically accurate but wildly understates the truth. In any event, I just received a call from The Wife. To wit: "Did you order something?" "No, why?" "There's something here for you." "Uh, box, bag, envelope, singing telegram?" "It's a box" "Who's is from?" "It's from [Name redacted pending confession or further investigation]" "Who?" "(repeats name)" "No idea. Never heard of him." A quick google search later I find that the sender's return address is in the wilds of northern Pennsylvania. A place I have never visited. "Open it." "W...
Comments