Daniel W. Drezner says Hugo Chavez, unwitting friend to America helps us quite a bit. He cites poll numbers that his neighbors can't stand his meddling in their local affairs. Drezner wrongly, in my view, conflates anti-Chavez sentiment with anti-American sentiment. I believe, you can hate the man and not love America. Just because they hate Chavez meddling in their domestic affairs does not mean they will reverse course on their feelings about America. I think he's being a little flippant which is fine, but I wish he'd make that more clear. I have a hard time thinking he's stating this plainly as a credible idea.
This is very strange...
I'm an average guy with an average life. I have a few more kids than most but for the most part I'm just an anonymous lumpenprole toiling away in obscurity both professionally and on this blog. To say my life follows a certain routine is like saying " The Hindenburg caught fire." That is to say, technically accurate but wildly understates the truth. In any event, I just received a call from The Wife. To wit: "Did you order something?" "No, why?" "There's something here for you." "Uh, box, bag, envelope, singing telegram?" "It's a box" "Who's is from?" "It's from [Name redacted pending confession or further investigation]" "Who?" "(repeats name)" "No idea. Never heard of him." A quick google search later I find that the sender's return address is in the wilds of northern Pennsylvania. A place I have never visited. "Open it." "W...
Comments