MidwestHeroes.com is causing a fuss by making a tv spot that refutes the standard template the MSM has hammered home regarding the GWOT. They seem to have struck a nerve. There is nothing counterfactual in the ad. There are no accusations, no slander or libel. Rather, they simply speak about their own experience and why they get annoyed with the coverage of Iraq and Afghanistan.
This is very strange...
I'm an average guy with an average life. I have a few more kids than most but for the most part I'm just an anonymous lumpenprole toiling away in obscurity both professionally and on this blog. To say my life follows a certain routine is like saying " The Hindenburg caught fire." That is to say, technically accurate but wildly understates the truth. In any event, I just received a call from The Wife. To wit: "Did you order something?" "No, why?" "There's something here for you." "Uh, box, bag, envelope, singing telegram?" "It's a box" "Who's is from?" "It's from [Name redacted pending confession or further investigation]" "Who?" "(repeats name)" "No idea. Never heard of him." A quick google search later I find that the sender's return address is in the wilds of northern Pennsylvania. A place I have never visited. "Open it." "W...
Comments