Zell Miller has a fascinating article about the CIA v. the Bush Administration. I think he makes some cogent points and it appears that the CIA sees itself as a peer to the Executive branch with it's own interests that must be served before anyone elses. Not to be hyperbolic but that's how the ISI ended up where it is today. I am not saying we're there or even headed there but it is certainly an object lesson to keep in mind. Porter Goss has made a many enemies by cleaning out the stalwarts. His supporters say he's cleaning out the dead wood and those who have become so engrossed in their areas of expertise they sympathize with them more than us. His critics say he's getting rid of highly professional and experienced people who have the wrong politics. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Those that have not been kicked out are getting nervous and (in my estimation) have begun to leak damaging information in hopes of sinking not just Goss but Bush as well. Read the article, it's worth your time.
This is very strange...
I'm an average guy with an average life. I have a few more kids than most but for the most part I'm just an anonymous lumpenprole toiling away in obscurity both professionally and on this blog. To say my life follows a certain routine is like saying " The Hindenburg caught fire." That is to say, technically accurate but wildly understates the truth. In any event, I just received a call from The Wife. To wit: "Did you order something?" "No, why?" "There's something here for you." "Uh, box, bag, envelope, singing telegram?" "It's a box" "Who's is from?" "It's from [Name redacted pending confession or further investigation]" "Who?" "(repeats name)" "No idea. Never heard of him." A quick google search later I find that the sender's return address is in the wilds of northern Pennsylvania. A place I have never visited. "Open it." "W...
Comments