Autism down: Some credit mercury removal. Now that is interesting! I'm a dad with an autistic child who has cast a skeptical eye at the Thimerisol-causes-autism crowd since I started reading about it. I think Mr. Kirby overstates the correlation between the two but the fact that the number of cases dropped is, indeed interesting. It is highly possible that other factors are leading to the reduction in new cases but ultimately, we don't know. I think the problem is rooted in fear. The drug companies spend zillions to develop drugs (and vaccines) and any link to thimerisol would be financially ruinous for them. The class actions suit that would follow would literally sink them. Perhaps a limited liability waiver would be in order. If only, to know the truth about what their own research showed (if anything).
This is very strange...
I'm an average guy with an average life. I have a few more kids than most but for the most part I'm just an anonymous lumpenprole toiling away in obscurity both professionally and on this blog. To say my life follows a certain routine is like saying " The Hindenburg caught fire." That is to say, technically accurate but wildly understates the truth. In any event, I just received a call from The Wife. To wit: "Did you order something?" "No, why?" "There's something here for you." "Uh, box, bag, envelope, singing telegram?" "It's a box" "Who's is from?" "It's from [Name redacted pending confession or further investigation]" "Who?" "(repeats name)" "No idea. Never heard of him." A quick google search later I find that the sender's return address is in the wilds of northern Pennsylvania. A place I have never visited. "Open it." "W...
Comments