So, I lost my yesterday. I was looking around my desk when my phone rang. It was the security desk person telling me someone had turned in my badge. I went down to collect it.

Me: "Hi, I just got a call that someone turned in my ID. I'm here to pick it up."

Him: "Can I see your driver's license?"

Me: "What for?"

Him (annoyed): "I need to confirm this is your ID"

Me (stunned): "But, my ID has my photo on it. Look at the picture, it's me."

Him: "I still need to see your license."

At this point I thought he had to be kidding me.

Me: "Seriously?"

Him (very annoyed now): Yes.

I was tempted to let this go on but I can only bang my head against the wall for so long.

Me: "here you go."

He looks at my license and hands it back to me along with my ID. He's also giving me that "I told you so" look.

These are the people that are supposed to be keeping our facility safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Gerard

So....the autism thing